- Yield 4 dozen
For convenience sake you can double this recipe and freeze until needed.
- 4 -- English muffins
- 1 1/2 cups (6-ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 7 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 -- garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (optional)
- 8 ounces crab meat, drained and flaked
- Split the muffins into halves. Combine the cheese, margarine, mayonnaise, garlic and Old Bay seasoning in a bowl and mix well. Fold in the crab meat.
- Spread the crab meat mixture on the cut sides of the muffins and cut each half into six wedges. Arrange the wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Devon Horse Show and County Fair’s Appetizers at Devon(Devon, Pennsylvania, 2008).