Crab-Stuffed Spanish Peppers with Honey Preserved Lemon Herb Compote
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1 preserved lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 1sprig thyme, leaves only
- 1 (15-ounce) jar or can Spanish piquillo peppers, drained
- 2cups spinach chiffonade
- 12 snow crab claws
- In a mixing bowl, combine the honey, lemon olive oil and thyme. Refrigerate.
- Lay out the peppers on a cutting board.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach with 2 tablespoons of the lemon compote. Toss. Stuff each pepper with the dressed spinach and 1 crab claw. Place 2 peppers on each plate and top with the lemon compote.