Crab Salad Nicoise
- Yield 4 servings
A classic French salad made with crab, green beans, potatoes and olives.
- 4 medium boiling potatoes
- 1 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chives or green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn butter lettuce leaves (1 head)
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1/4 cup small ripe black olive
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 30 minutes or until tender; drain and cool 10 minutes. Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks and place in a shallow dish. Cook beans in boiling water 10 minutes or until tender; drain and cool 10 minutes. Add to potatoes. Combine oil, vinegar, chives, salt and pepper in a small jar with tight-fitting lid. Shake well and pour two thirds of the dressing over potatoes, and beans. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or up to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on four plates and spoon potato/string bean mixture on top. Divide crabmeat among the plates and garnish with olives and tomatoes. Drizzle remaining dressing on top.