- Yield 4 dozen
Crab puffs are an easy treat that you can prepare ahead of time.
- 6 ounces crab meat
- 1 -- (6-ounce) jar Old English cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 -- English muffins, split and cut into quarters
- Combine the crab meat, cheese spread, mayonnaise, butter, salt, seasoned salt and garlic powder in a bowl; mix well. Spread the crab meat mixture on each English muffin piece and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- These freeze well. Assemble and freeze, covered, on a baking sheet. Transfer to a sealable plastic freezer bags and store in the freezer until baking time. Bake as directed.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Newnan Junior Service League’s Simply Southern(Newnan, Georgia, 2008).