- Yield 3 dozen
Tortilla chips baked with a splendid Southwestern-seasoned crab mixture and smothered with cheese is quick to prepare and quicker to disappear.
- 3 -- dozen baked tortiall flour chips
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 -- (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound lump, white, or canned crabmeat, picked through for shells
- -- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded, reduced-fat sharp Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- -- Paprika
- Preheat broiler. Arrange tortilla chips in single layer on baking sheet.
- In bowl, combine sour cream, mayon naise, green onions, green chiles and cumin. Fold in crabmeat. Season to taste.
- Spread mixture evenly over chips and sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.