Crab Meat Caribe
- Yield 4 servings
This is a creative use of crab meat and avocados.
- 1 pound lump crab meat, flaked
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno chile
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted
- Sliced fresh basil for garnish
- Combine the crab meat, green onions, jalapeno, tomatoes and 1/4 cup basil in a bowl. Add the lime juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to mix. Spoon into the avocado halves. Garnish with fresh basil.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Junior League of New Orleans Crescent City Collection (Junior League of New Orleans, Louisiana, 2000).