Crab Meat Caribe
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound lump crab meat, flaked
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno chile
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/4cup sliced fresh basil
- 1/4cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted
- Sliced fresh basil for garnish
- Combine the crab meat, green onions, jalapeno, tomatoes and 1/4 cup basil in a bowl. Add the lime juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to mix. Spoon into the avocado halves. Garnish with fresh basil.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Junior League of New Orleans Crescent City Collection (Junior League of New Orleans, Louisiana, 2000).