- Yield 4 to 6 servings
A tasty crabmeat mixture is spooned over cooked spinach then topped with buttery breadcrumbs.
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup fresh claw crabmeat
- 1 -- (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- -- Breadcrumbs, buttered
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain well. Place in a greased baking dish or individual shells. Combine all other ingredients except breadcrumbs and spoon over spinach. Top with buttered breadcrumbs. Bake for 25 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Pensacola’s Some Like it South (Pensacola, Fl., 1984).