- Yield 16 pieces
Baking makes these seafood cakes easy to prepare, and they freeze well, too.
Too much bread gives a crab cake a doughy composition, while too many spices overpower the delicate flavor of the crab meat. If your obstacle is finding fresh crab meat, consider the canned variety.
- 3 pounds (48-oz) crab meat
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 3/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups unseasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425F. Separate and flake crabmeat with a fork. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, eggs, mustard, seasoning, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Blend in remaining ingredients, except the bread crumbs.
- Fold in the crumbs. Shape crab mixture into 4-ounce cakes.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with purchased honey-mustard dressing, if desired.
—Recipe by Mary A. Mitchell