- Yield 4 servings
If you wish, you may substitute tuna or salmon and still get a delicious burger.
- 1 cup backfin crabmeat
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 -- English muffins
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Combine all ingredients except muffins.
- Lightly butter muffins and barely toast halves under broiler.
- Spread crab mixture on muffins and broil until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serve with a fruit salad.
Recipe reprinted with permission from theAssociation of Junior Leagues International’sTidewater on the Half Shell (Norfolk, Va., 1985).