Crab and Mango Salad
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Enjoy this refreshing Thai-style salad as a side salad or a light main course.
If available, use the more aromatic Thai purple basil.
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup fresh jumbo lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- Thinly slice mango lengthwise from each side of the pit into 8 thin slices. Cut 8 circles using a 3-inch round cookie cutter. Finely dice remaining mango.
- Stir together lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl; stir until sugar dissolves. Add red pepper flakes, onion and herbs. Stir in diced mango, crabmeat, coconut milk and coconut. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- To arrange salad, place 2 slices mango on each plate. Spoon crab mixture on top.
Recipe by Chef Allen Susser, courtesy of the National Mango Board