- Yield: 16 to 20 servings
- 1/2pound ground beef or sausage
- 1/2pound bacon, browned and drained
- 3/4cup chopped onion
- 1-- (16-ounce) can pork and beans
- 1-- (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1-- (16-ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1-- (16-ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1/2cup brown sugar
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup ketchup
- 1teaspoon dry mustard
- 2tablespoons vinegar
- Combine ground beef or sausage, bacon, onion, pork and beans, kidney beans, lima beans and butter beans in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar, sugar, salt, ketchup, dry mustard and vinegar and mix well. Pour the mixture into a bean pot or baking dish. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Telephone Pioneers of America’s Calling All Kids (Telephone Pioneer of America, Alabama Chapter #34, Birmingham, Al., 2002).