- Yield 16 to 20 servings
Ground beef and a variety of beans stars in this sweet and hearty dish.
- 1/2 pound ground beef or sausage
- 1/2 pound bacon, browned and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 -- (16-ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 -- (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 -- (16-ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 -- (16-ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Combine ground beef or sausage, bacon, onion, pork and beans, kidney beans, lima beans and butter beans in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar, sugar, salt, ketchup, dry mustard and vinegar and mix well. Pour the mixture into a bean pot or baking dish. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Telephone Pioneers of America’s Calling All Kids (Telephone Pioneer of America, Alabama Chapter #34, Birmingham, Al., 2002).