Couscous with Raisins and Almonds
- Yield: servings
- 1cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4cup golden or regular raisins
- 1/4teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4cup uncooked whole-wheat couscous
- 2tablespoons snipped Italian (flatleaf) parsley
- 2tablespoons sliced almonds, dry-roasted
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the broth, raisins, cumin, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the couscous. Remove from the heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and almonds. Fluff with a fork.
Reprinted from the The New American Heart Association Cookbook, 8th Edition by American Heart Association. Copyright © 2010 by American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter, a division of Random House, Inc.