- Yield 8 servings
The addition of veggies and feta make this a super salad.
Couscous is very quick cooking and comes out fluffy, light and mild in flavor.
- 4 cups cooked couscous, cooled
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 -- cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- -- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place cooled couscous in a large bowl. Add red onions, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions and feta. In a small bowl, whisk together oregano, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Toss with couscous mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Note: Add dried chopped fruits, such as cherries, cranberries and apricots, if desired.