Couscous Salad with Edamame, Cranberries and Peanuts
- Yield 10 servings
A quick-and-easy, super-tasty, high-fiber combination of flavors, colors and crunch.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 1/2 cups canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked crisp tender according to directions
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- dash hot pepper sauce
- Sauté 1/2 teaspoon garlic in a pot coated with nonstick spray, then add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and chicken broth. Boil ingredients before adding couscous, then remove from heat and cover.
- After 5 minutes, fluff and add parsley. Let couscous cool before adding snow peas, green onions, peanuts and cranberries.
- Mix together remaining 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic and 3 tablespoons lemon juice, oil and hot sauce. Toss dressing with couscous mixture.