- 1teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 4tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 1/2cups canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2cups couscous
- 1/3cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1cup shelled edamame, cooked crisp tender according to directions
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2cup peanuts
- 1/2cup dried cranberries
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- dash hot pepper sauce
- Sauté 1/2 teaspoon garlic in a pot coated with nonstick spray, then add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and chicken broth. Boil ingredients before adding couscous, then remove from heat and cover.
- After 5 minutes, fluff and add parsley. Let couscous cool before adding snow peas, green onions, peanuts and cranberries.
- Mix together remaining 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic and 3 tablespoons lemon juice, oil and hot sauce. Toss dressing with couscous mixture.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Eating Well Through Cancer (Holly Clegg, 2016). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 202
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 164mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 7g