Couscous Corn Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2cup uncooked couscous
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2dashes olive oil
- 12ounces extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2cup fresh corn kernels (1 ear)
- 1small carrot, shredded
- 1/2 heirloom tomato, chopped
- Cook the couscous according to package instructions.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and salt with a few dashes of olive oil and soy sauce. Whisk to combine, taste and adjust ratio to preference.
- Drizzle the crumbled tofu with the lemon-soy sauce marinade.
- Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the crumbled tofu for 4 to 6 minutes, or until crisp. Remove from heat, place in a bowl and let cool.
- Place the sauté pan back on the stove over medium heat and prepare with a little more oil or nonstick cooking spray, if needed. Add the chopped onion to the pan and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the onion has browned. Place in the tofu bowl and set aside to cool.
- Place the sauté pan back on the stove and sauté the corn kernels for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
- When the tofu, onion and corn have cooled, combine the couscous, tofu, onion, corn, shredded carrot and chopped tomato together in a large bowl. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 195.7
- Fat 7.2g
- Saturated Fat 1.2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 311.9mg
- Carbohydrate 25.1g
- Fiber 3.8g
- Protein 10.6g