Couscous and Edamame Salad
- Yield 5 servings
Couscous is a great grain that is light and easy to digest, and edamame is an excellent source of protein.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked crisp tender according to directions
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Saute garlic and onion in a pot coated with nonstick spray. Add chicken broth and bring to a full boil before adding couscous. After this, remove pot from heat and cover.
- Let mixture rest for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork. Add edamame and ginger when mixture is cool.