Couscous and Chicken Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
You can use Italian dressing in place of the oil and vinegar. Toss in any vegetables you like.
- 1 1/2cups plain couscous
- 1 1/2cups boiling water
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3cup balsamic vinegar
- 3medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2cups chopped fresh tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4cup chopped fresh mint
- 2cups thinly sliced (chiffonade) romaine lettuce
- Place couscous in a large boil. Pour boiling water over top. Cover and let stand until water is absorbed.
- Combine vinegar, oil and garlic. Whisk well.
- Add remaining ingredients to couscous. Add vinegar mixture. Stir well to combine.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 269
- Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 175mg
- Carbohydrate 32g
- Fiber 2.5g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 10g