- Yield: 4 servings
- 4pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1cup catsup
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/4cup tarragon vinegar
- 2tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2drops liquid smoke, optional
- 2tablespoons minced onion
- 1-- garlic clove, minced
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1tablespoon whole mustard seed
- 2teaspoons paprika
- 1teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-- bay leaf
- Simmer ribs in salted water until tender (approximately 45 minutes).
- Drain, cover, and set aside until ready to grill.
- Charcoal ribs 30 to 45 minutes, turning and basting occasionally with sauce.
- To prepare the sauce. Combine all ingredients; stir well.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Owensboro’s To Market, To Market, Home Again, Home Again (Owensboro, Kentucky, 1984).