- Yield 4 servings
Country style pork ribs are basted with a delicious homemade sauce.
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops liquid smoke, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 -- garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 -- bay leaf
- Simmer ribs in salted water until tender (approximately 45 minutes).
- Drain, cover, and set aside until ready to grill.
- Charcoal ribs 30 to 45 minutes, turning and basting occasionally with sauce.
- To prepare the sauce. Combine all ingredients; stir well.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Owensboro’s To Market, To Market, Home Again, Home Again (Owensboro, Kentucky, 1984).