Country Ham Cheesecake
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 6tablespoons butter, melted
- 3cups soup-and-oyster crackers, finely ground
- 1cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 3-ounces)
- 32ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7-- eggs
- 2cups (8-ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1cup (1/2-inch-cubes) cooked country ham
- 1/3cup chopped fresh chives
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground white pepper
- Brush a 9-inch springform pan with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Combine the cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and remaining melted butter in a bowl and mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture. Press the remaining mixture over the bottom and up the side of the prepared pan. Chill, covered, until ready to fill. Beat the cream cheese and eggs in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add the Swiss cheese, ham, chives, salt and white pepper and mix well. Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with the reserved crumb mixture. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 300F for 2 hours or until the filling is set and no longer moves in the center when pan is gently shaken. Cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Release and remove the side of the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Betty Sim’s Southern Scrumptious Entertains (Scrumptious, Inc., Decatur, Alabama, 2002).