Country Fried Steak
- Yield 4-6 servings
"My mom is a very good cook. After church on Sunday, she would always make a big dinner. This recipe for Mema's Country Fried Steak is one of my favorites. I make it now and it has become a family delight."
- 4 to 6 large cube steaks
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper to taste
- Water to cover
- 1/2 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Dredge steaks in flour, shaking off excess. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Brown steaks well on both sides. Add enough water to cover steaks completely.
- Sprinkle soup mix evenly in water.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This tender beef dish makes its own gravy and tastes great with a salad.
Kelly Hatch, Navarre, Fla.