Corny Brown Rice
- Yield 6 servings
Brown rice offers extra fiber and lots of B vitamins.
The hint of cumin in this colorful dish gives it a Southwestern touch.
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup canned fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the green onions for several minutes. Add corn, cumin, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Continue cooking until the corn is done, about 2 minutes. Stir in the rice and parsley and continue cooking until heated through, about 3 minutes.