Cornflake Chicken Strips
- Yield 6 servings
Delicious, crispy chicken strips---made in minutes!
"In 1983, my children were begging for KFC extra crispy chicken. Unfortunately, it didn't fit into my budget. I came up with a way to make extra-crispy chicken. It worked, they loved it, and now they all make chicken this way."
- 4 cups crushed plain cornflakes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Lawry seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
- Vegetable oil
- Mix together cornflakes, flour, seasoning salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Beat eggs with water. Dip chicken strips in egg mixture and then roll in cornflake mixture. Press mixture firmly onto chicken to coat well.
- Pour oil into a large skillet to a depth of about 2 inches. Heat oil to 250F. Fry chicken strips 6 to 8 minutes or until done. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. Serves 6.
Recipe by Deborah Carson, Fort Morgan, Colo.