- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Fresh and hot from the oven, this cornbread is light, airy and delicious with nutty overtones.
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup toasted finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, chopped
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Grease a 12 muffin pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, walnuts, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs and walnut oil; mix well. Add to the cornmeal mixture and stir until just combined. Add the corn kernels and stir just to mix. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake until golden brown and the top springs back when you lightly touch it, about 15 minutes for muffins. Gently remove from the pan and serve hot!
Recipe courtesy of Tina Salter.