- Yield: 10 servings
"This is one of my family favorites and has been in my family for a long time."
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1envelope ranch-style dressing mix
- 1cup sour cream
- 1cup mayonnaise
- 1/2cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2cup onion, chopped
- 3large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 2cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Bake cornbread mix according to package instructions and crumble.
- Combine ranch-style dressing mix, sour cream and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together peppers, onion, tomatoes, pinto beans and corn.
- In a 3-quart salad bowl, layer 1/2 of the cornbread, 1/2 of the vegetables, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the bacon and 1/2 of the dressing.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Use low or no-fat sour cream and mayonnaise to reduce the calories in this dish.
— Eva Mae Clark, Easton, Ill.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 460
- Fat 27g
- Saturated Fat 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
- Monounsaturated Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 880mg
- Potassium 350mg
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 10g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 25%
- Vitamin C 30%
- Calcium 25%
- Iron 8%