Cornbread, Apricot and Cranberry Dressing from Weight Watcher’s
- Yield 12 servings
This Weight Watcher's dressing recipe has a PointsPlus value of 4.
- 1/2 cup + 2 T yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup + 1 T all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 4 slices day-old whole wheat bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- To make cornbread, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Stir in scallions and dill. Beat 2 egg whites, the milk, and oil in small bowl. Add milk mixture to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until cornmeal mixture is moistened.
- Scrape batter into prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Bake until edges are golden and toothpick inserted into center of cornbread comes out clean, 12–15 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cornbread from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- Meanwhile, combine apple juice, apricots, cranberries, and cinnamon stick in small saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until apple juice is reduced by half, 5–10 minutes; discard cinnamon stick.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 2-quart baking dish or casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Crumble cornbread into large bowl. Add apple juice mixture, remaining egg white and the bread cubes; stir until mixed well. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Bake until golden, 40–50 minutes.
–This recipe reprinted with permission from the Weight Watcher’s New Complete Cookbook