Cornbread and Rice Dressing
- Yield: 16 to 20 servings
Prepare the cornbread, wild rice, and boil the eggs ahead to make putting it together quicker.
- 2 (6-ounce) packages long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) box cornbread mix
- 4stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 hard boiled eggs, whites only, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans mushrooms, stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1tablespoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the wild rice according to package directions, omitting the margarine and salt. Prepare the cornbread according to package directions. Crumble the cornbread.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the celery, green peppers, green onions, and onion until tender. Pour into a large bowl and combine with the cooked rice, crumbled cornbread, egg whites, mushrooms, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Place the dressing in the baking dish and bake 45 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 131
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 522mg
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 5g