Corn Sticks with White Cheese and Cilantro
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
It is easier to use pre-husked corn, which comes in yellow, white or my favorite variety, bi-color. Many brands of white cheese are available in the dairy section of supermarkets.
- 4 ears sweet corn, cut in half, silks and husks removed
- 8 (9-inch) wooden skewers or chopsticks
- 1/2 cup low-fat or fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 cups coarsely grated white cheese (queso blanco)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add corn and cook 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature. Stick a skewer or chopstick into the end of each corn half to form a handle.
- Brush each cob of corn with mayonnaise. Place cheese on a plate and cilantro on another plate. Roll corn evenly in cheese, then cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.