- Yield 8 servings
It is hard to believe this creamy low-fat soup is not full of heavy cream.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen sweet corn
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- In a pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic over medium-high heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the frozen corn, cream-style corn, diced tomatoes and green chiles, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the milk and flour. Gradually stir into the corn mixture. Cook for 15 minutes, until hot throughout. Makes 8 cups.