Corn Pudding with Green Pepper and Pimiento
- Yield 10 servings
Cream of corn and kernel corn make up this sweet, buttery pudding
"I have never tasted corn pudding that equals this recipe. It can be doubled easily. I try not to overbake it, as that will dry it out. This is a very old recipe—probably 60 years or more."
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can cream style corn
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 diced medium green pepper
- 1 (2-ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Put corn in medium bowl. Blend flour, sugar, margarine, salt, and eggs in a blender. Add to corn.
- Stir in green pepper and pimientos. Add cheese.
- Pour in a casserole dish and bake at least one hour. Pudding is done when a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe by Joan Norenberg, Wahoo, Neb.