Corn Chowder with Black Olives
- Yield 6 servings
Creamy corn chowder pairs up with tangy black olives in this easy, comforting soup.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups leeks, diced
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups new potatoes, diced
- 1 cup red bell peppers, diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 1 cup California Black Ripe Olives, wedged
- Heat butter in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add leeks and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in corn, potatoes and red peppers and continue cooking for 3-4 more minutes. Pour in chicken stock and cream and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Add dill and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes. Transfer half of mixture to a blender or food processor. Allow to cool slightly, then puree. Return pureed soup to pot and stir in olives. Reheat and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the California Olive Committee