- Yield servings
A quick and easy corn soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups peeled and diced baking potatoes (about 2)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups fat-free low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (optional)
- In a large nonstick saucepot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Saute the potatoes, onion, and green pepper for 8-10 minutes, stirring until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and poultry seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add the vegetable broth and mix well. Add the milk and bay leaf. Bring the mixture to a boil and add the corn.
- Return to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until thick. Season with salt and pepper (if using). Serve with green onions if desired.
From Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Diabetic Cooking