Corn Cakes from Readyville Mill
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2cups corn meal
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 2tablespoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4cups buttermilk
- 1/4cup melted butter, slightly cooled
- Mix together dry ingredients
- Mix eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Blend wet ingredients into dry and stir well.
- Preheat griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly oil. Pour 1/4 cup of mixture onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form on top and then flip to cook the other side. Cook until bottoms are lightly browned and set. Serve with hot butter and maple syrup.
Recipe courtesy of the Readyville Mill, Readyville, Tenn.