- Yield 4 servings
Creamy, tangy goat cheese is sweet corn's new best friend in these tender, crisp cakes.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups corn kernels, cut from 3 ears corn
- 2 green onions, very thinly sliced, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil at medium temperature. Add corn and half of green onions and season with salt and pepper; cook until vegetables soften slightly, 3-5minutes. Coarsely puree half of the corn and green onions in food processor. Transfer pureed and remaining whole kernel sauteed corn to a medium bowl and let cool for 5 minutes. Add eggs, remaining green onions and cornmeal to corn mixture and stir to combine.
- Wipe skillet, then heat 2 tablespoons oil on medium. In batches, cook cupfuls of corn mixture until set on bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until cakes are cooked through, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Sprinkle corn cakes with goat cheese.