Corn and Wild Rice Soup
- Yield 8 servings
This hearty yet low-fat soup is full of great taste and textures, making it a meal to remember.
- 1 (6-ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 pounds frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the wild rice according to the package directions, omitting any oil and salt; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the corn, 1 can chicken broth and flour in a food processor until the mixture is pureed or the corn is thickened and creamy; set aside.
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion and carrots cooking until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the corn mixture, wild rice, and the remaining can of chicken broth. Cook for 10 minutes or until very well heated. Add the milk and continue cooking until hot. Season to taste.