Corn and Wild Rice Pudding
- Yield: 1 cups
- 2-- eggs
- 1-- egg yolk
- 1cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2/3cup milk
- 4-- ears sweet corn, blanched and with kernels removed from cobs (about 3 cups)
- 1cup cooked wild rice
- 3-- scallions, finely chopped, or 1/3 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- 1/2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 1/2tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, combine egg, egg yolk, heavy cream and milk and whisk well to combine. Add all remaining ingredients except butter and mix well. Grease a 7-by-11- or 8-by-12-inch casserole with the butter.
- Pour custard ingredients into prepared casserole and bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until custard is set and golden brown on the top. Serve warm.