Corn and Orzo Salad with Arugula Pesto
- Yield: 8 servings
If your cucumber is bitter, you may want to peel it before chopping and adding to the salad, especially if you plan to have leftovers.
- Arugula Pesto:
- 3tablespoons chopped walnuts (about 1 ounce)
- 1 1/2cups packed arugula
- 1/2cup packed flat-leaf parsley
- 1-- garlic clove, pressed
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 3tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2cups fresh corn kernels
- 1cup cucumber, cut into small cubes (about 1 medium cucumber)
- 2large plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise into wedges
- 3/4cup crumbled feta cheese
- To prepare pesto, place walnuts in processor and finely chop. Add arugula and parsley; pulse to coarsely chop. With motor running, add garlic, oil, lemon juice, cheese, salt and pepper and process until blended.
- To prepare salad, cook orzo according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain well. Transfer to a large bowl. Add corn, pesto and cucumber and mix gently. Spoon onto serving plates and garnish with tomatoes and feta.
—Recipe by Jean Kressy.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 233
- Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 14mg
- Sodium 346mg
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 8g
- Calcium 127mg