Corn and Lobster Chowder
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3cups fresh of frozen corn kernels
- 3cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2large carrots, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3cups whole milk
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons sherry
- 1tablespoon butter
- 3cups cooked lobster meat, chopped (about 16 ounces- or the meat from 3 small lobsters)
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the corn, broth, carrots, potato, thyme, and bay leaf in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and stir. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the milk and flour in a medium bowl until well blended.
- When the potatoes are tender, stir in the milk mixture (re-whisk if necessary), sherry, butter, and lobster meat. Bring the soup back to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer and stir gently until the soup thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in individual bowls with a piece of crusty bread and green salad on the side.
Recipe by Meal Makeover Moms.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 330
- Fat 9g
- Sodium 720mg
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 23g