Corn and Crab Cakes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2-- (6-ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 1-- (8.25-ounce) can cream style corn
- 1/2teaspoon hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2medium scallions (green onions), trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 1/2cups seasoned breadcrumbs, divided
- Mix crabmeat, corn, hot sauce, scallions and 3/4 cup bread crumbs in a medium mixing bowl until well blended.
- Spread the remaining breadcrumbs on a sheet of foil and divide the crab mixture into 8 even portions (about 1/3 cup each). Roll each portion in bread crumbs until the surface is well coated, and form into 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour in some canola or vegetable oil (about 3 tablespoons). When the oil is hot, brown the crab cakes on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 75mg
- Sodium 760mg
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 24g