Coriander-Spiced Chicken or Lamb Kebabs
- Yield 4 servings
Serve these superbly seasoned kebabs with Simple Lemon Yogurt Sauce.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb shoulder chops, trimmed, boned, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 12 ounces meat) or 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water at least 10 minutes
- Prepare barbecue grill or preheat broiler.
- Whisk together the first seven ingredients (olive oil through salt) in a medium bowl. Add the lamb or chicken. Toss to evenly coat. Let marinate up to 2 hours.
- Thread onto skewers, leaving a small gap between each piece.
- Preheat broiler or prepare grill.
- Broil or grill lamb skewers 8 minutes or until the meat is crusty brown but still pink inside, turning after 4 minutes. Cook chicken skewers about 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve with Simple Lemon Yogurt Sauce.
Recipe by Nancy Vieanneau
Per serving (with lamb): 158 calories, 9g fat, 54mg chol., 17g prot., 1g carbs., 0mg fiber, 191mg sodium
Per serving (with chicken): 144 calories, 7g fat, 54mg chol., 18g prot., 1g carbs., 0g fiber, 226mg sodium