Limeade with Cucumber and Ginger
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Surprisingly refreshing, this summery sip is healthful and delicious.
To grate the ginger, cut off the skin with a knife or scrape it off with a spoon. Then grate using the small holes on a grater.
- 3 cups chopped, seeded, peeled cucumbers
- 1 -- (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 cups cold club soda
- -- Lime wedges and cucumber slices, for garnish
- Combine cucumber, limeade and ginger in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until cucumber is puréed. Taste for sweetening. Combine cucumber mixture and club soda in a small pitcher. Serve with lime wedges and cucumber slices. Makes 5 1/2 cups.
Recipe adapted from All New Square Foot Gardening Cookbook, by Mel Bartholomew (Cool Springs Press, 2009).