Cookie Crust Fudge Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1cup sugar
- 1/4cup baking cocoa
- 1/4cup flour
- 2-- eggs, beaten
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur
- pinch salt
- 1cup chopped pecans
- 1-- Oreo cookie pie shell
- Combine the butter, sugar, baking cocoa, and flour in a large bowl and mix well. Add the eggs, vanilla, coffee granulaes, coffee liqueur, salt and pecans and mix well. Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake at 375F for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overbake; filling will not be firm in the center. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Forward Arts Foundation’s The Swan’s Palette(Atlanta, Georgia, 2000).