- Yield 48 approx servings
- 2 3/4 cups sifted flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package 11.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix & sift: flour, baking powder, & salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan & add sugar; stiring until well mixed. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add chopped walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Mix.
- Pour into greased & lightly floured 13"x9" glass pan.
- Bake at 350ºF. for 25-30 min or until light brown.
- When almost cool, cut into 2"x2" squares. Makes about 48 squares.
- Note: may add 1/4 cup cocoa for chocolatey squares.