Comté Cheese Fondue
- Yield 4 servings
Share this rich and creamy cheese fondue with loved ones.
This fondue is made with rich, nutty Comté cheese. You can buy Comté cheese at most supermarkets and at Costco.
- 1 pound mature Comté (preferably 10-18 months), shredded (about 5 cups shredded)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine (preferably Jura wine)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Good quality crusty bread, cut or town into bite-sized pieces
- In a large bowl, toss the shredded Comté and cornstarch until well combined.
- Rub the inside of fondue pot with cut sides of garlic. Discard garlic. Add wine and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add a quarter of the Comté and stir until melted. Continue stirring in cheese, a quarter at a time, until melted. Cook, stirring, until fondue is completely smooth and richly coats the back of a spoon. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve the hot fondue with crusty bread for dipping.
Recipe courtesy of the Comté Cheese Association/Nicki Sizemore.