Comté Cheese Association / Nickie Sizemore
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1/3cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 1/2 lemons)
- 3cups cooked brown or white rice
- 2cups shredded rotisserie chicken (about 1/2 chicken)
- 8ounces Comté, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 crisp apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4cup thinly sliced green onions (about 2 onions)
- 1/3cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the smashed garlic clove with the lemon juice and let sit while mixing the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, toss together the rice, chicken, Comté, celery, spinach, apples, green onions and walnuts.
- Remove the garlic from the lemon juice (discard the garlic). Whisk in the olive oil and pour over the salad. Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let the salad sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Comté Cheese Association, Nickie Sizemore
blog comments powered by