Comte and Prosciutto Skewers
- Yield servings
French aged Comte cheese has a mild nutty flavor that pairs terrifically with salty cured Prosciutto in a simple, pleasing skewer.
When serving Comté as an hors dʼoeuvre or on a cheese plate, be sure to let it sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving; this will allow for the fullest expression of flavors and aromas.
- -- Aged Comté, cut into 1-inch cubes
- -- Thinly sliced Prosciutto, cut into 1-inch strips
- -- Roasted red peppers (fresh or from a jar), cut into 1/2-inch squares
- -- Chervil, parsley or basil leaves
- -- Roasted almonds for serving (optional)
- Wrap each cube of Comté with a strip of Prosciutto. Place a piece of roasted pepper on top of the Comté, followed by a small chervil, parsley or basil leaf; skewer with a toothpick.
- Line the skewers on a platter and serve alongside a bowl of roasted almonds as a delicious hors d’oeuvres or snack.