- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 3/4cup canola oil
- 1/4cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches Romaine lettuce
- 2cups diced tomatoes
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1cup Caesar-style croutons
- Prepare dressing by combining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Rinse, dry and tear lettuce leaves, placing them into a large bowl. Add tomatoes, crumbled bacon, cheeses, almonds, and croutons. Toss well. Add dressing just before serving.
Tips from Our Test Kitchen: Substitute a mixture of Romaine lettuce and fresh baby spinach if you prefer.
— Arlene Ruhstorfer, Mayville, Mich.