Chicken with Sundried Tomato & Feta Penne
- Yield: servings
- 3/4pound penne pasta, uncooked
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1pound boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 2cups asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3cup fresh basil, shredded
- 4ounces crumbled feta cheese
- -- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Add chicken and cook over med. heat 7 minutes or until no longer pink in the center, turning several times. While cooking, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Set chicken aside.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil in medium skillet. Add shallots, garlic, asparagus, and mushrooms. Cover and cook over med. heat until veggies are tender crisp, about 7 minutes, stirring frequently. While cooking add 1 Tbsp of the reserved oil from the sundried tomatoes. Add basil, sudried tomatoes, and chopped chicken. Stir until heated through.
Toss vegetable/chicken mixture with drained pasta in a large bowl. Stir in feta cheese. Add pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Yield: 8 servings