Cole Slaw Dressing
- Yield 12 servings
"Everyone who has ever tasted this dressing over cole slaw tells me how much he or she like it. Comments usually heard are, 'It is not too sweet. Not too tangy, unlike some commercial cole slaw dressings.' The good part is it accompanies any kind of meat entree- so light, yet so tasty. I like to make it up and refrigerate for future use."
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Blend together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and oil.
- Add garlic and onion powders, mustard, celery salt, pepper, lemon juice, half and half, and salt.
- Stir until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
1 large green cabbage head, finely shredded
Purple cabbage and carrots, finely shredded (optional)
Pour cole slaw dressing over green cabbage. Purple cabbage and carrots can be added for color. Toss until vegetables are well-coated.
Recipe by Esther Payne Davis, Mountain View, Calif.