Cold Pea Salad
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
The cashews give this pea salad lots of added crunch and flavor.
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dillweed, or 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- -- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup cashews
- Combine peas, celery, scallions and dillweed in a bowl and mix well. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper, stirring until mixed. Chill, covered, until serving time. Add the cashews to the salad just before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Betty Sim’s Southern Scrumptious; How to Cater Your Own Party (Decatur, Alabama, 1997).