- Yield 36 servings
Easy to make and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, these confections can be garnished and refrigerated overnight.
- 1 cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 cup shelled hazelnuts (or or other nut), toasted, skinned, and chopped
- Place the chocolate in a heat-safe bowl.
- Blend the espresso and water in a small saucepan to make a paste. Add the heavy cream and corn syrup, whisk until blended, and bring to a simmer. Pour the mixture over the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the ganache into a shallow bowl, cover, and refrigerate until firm, overnight.
- Using a melon baller, scoop 3⁄4-in balls (1 tsp each) onto a parchment-lined sheet pan. Roll the truffles into balls.
- Dust some of the truffles in cocoa powder and roll the remaining truffles in the chopped nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate the truffles until needed.
–This recipe reprinted with permission from the cookbook Hors d’Oeuvre at Home by the Culinary Institute of America